This module is dedicated to flooding resilience. The module is divided into three parts:
- The first part is about using Grasshopper and Kangaroo to set up the simulation environment.
- In the second part, you will learn to use the outcome of the simulation to evaluate the Situation at the site.
- The last part explains the process of importing GIS data (OSM, GeoTiff) with the Elk plugin to use it as input for simulations.
In the final video, the streamlined workflow of using the previously learned methods to simulate and evaluate an area in Weimar is presented.
You will learn to set up your own rain-runoff simulation and evaluation model in Rhino3D/Grasshopper. The goal of the course is to use GIS data to build a 3d model where your project is located and use the simulation model to develop a design that is resilient against heavy rainfall and pluvial flooding.
- Rhino 6 + Grasshopper
- Elk (by tlogan) https://www.food4rhino.com/app/elk
- KANGAROO PHYSICS (by Daniel Piker) https://www.food4rhino.com/app/kangaroo-physics -> this plugin should be installed by default in Rhino 6
- GhPython -> this plugin should be installed by default in Rhino 6
- Clipper (by arendvw) https://www.food4rhino.com/app/clipper-grasshopper-and-rhino
- HUMAN (by andheum) https://www.food4rhino.com/app/human
Note: in Rhino 3D, always keep units in meters otherwise the file does not work properly.