- July 13, 2021 at 09:22 #34725Siddharth KhakharParticipant
I’ve been trying out the Web Maps export from Rhino to Mapbox. If I use EPSG 4326 (as used in the tutorial) everything runs smoothly. However, if I use a different EPSG the reprojection goes off to randomly placed points. Attached 2 images below for reference.
Any help would be much appreciated!
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.
- July 15, 2021 at 11:44 #34804
- July 16, 2021 at 04:49 #34805Siddharth KhakharParticipant
I will get in touch with Ondrej.
- July 20, 2021 at 11:35 #34816Ondřej VeselýParticipant
After a call with Siddharth we solved the issue.
For future reference, if someone has similar issue – we solved it by projecting first to EPSG:4326 (also known as WGS 84) as intermidiary step before projecting to local Hong Kong specific coordinate system.
The bug was possibly caused by floating point arithmetic error in the reprojection maths (we are using third party .NET library for this, so it’s hard to debug, but this is my guess). In general, using EPSG:4326 as a ‘home’ projection before reprojecting to anything else seems to be a good practice in these cases.
- July 20, 2021 at 20:29 #34828Reinhard KoenigKeymaster
Hey Ondrej, many thanks for your reply!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.