Home Forums Parametric Urban Design & Analysis question Clipper – issue installation on MacOsX

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Hi everyone!

I have tried to install Clipper for MacOsX a couple of times now, even after considering the hacks given on the food4rhino website. However, it is not working! Does anyone have a clue how to solve this issue? Enjoy your Sunday and thanks in advance!
      Best Julian

Reinhard Koenig
      Keymaster

Hello Julian,
      I’m not sure what you tried, but the Clipper plugin runs via the ClipperTools.dll and from my knowledge, using dll files on a Mac is not possible (maybe there is a workaround). There may be many pugins that use dll files, e.g. the DeCodingSpaces-Toolbox. Therefore, I’d highly recommend to run Rhino on Windows.

Best regards

Reinhard

Hi Julian,

I had the same issue and was able to solve it this way:

1. download the Clipper for Windows, it comes as a .zip. In the zip-Folger you find a clipper-grasshoper-file (it has a green icon): ClipperComponents.gha
      2. Open Grasshoper > File > SpecialFolders > Components Folder (see attached screenshot_Step2)
      3. Insert the ClipperComponents.gha into this LibraryFolder (see attached screenshot_Step3)

Then reopen Rhino and Grasshopper. Hope it also works for you this way.

Leila

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi there! Thanks for your kind replies – I tried your Version, @Leila, and Clipper got installed. Now just hopin it will do its job when needed 😉 Tried the same with DecodingSpaces. It does appear in Grasshopper, though haven’t checked on its workability.
      Have a good Sunday! Julian

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.