- November 3, 2019 at 14:46 #12231Julian Oliver HoffmannParticipant
I have tried to install Clipper for MacOsX a couple of times now, even after considering the hacks given on the food4rhino website. However, it is not working! Does anyone have a clue how to solve this issue? Enjoy your Sunday and thanks in advance!
- November 3, 2019 at 17:46 #12234Reinhard KoenigKeymaster
I’m not sure what you tried, but the Clipper plugin runs via the ClipperTools.dll and from my knowledge, using dll files on a Mac is not possible (maybe there is a workaround). There may be many pugins that use dll files, e.g. the DeCodingSpaces-Toolbox. Therefore, I’d highly recommend to run Rhino on Windows.
- November 4, 2019 at 17:26 #12377Leila Michelle UnlandKeymaster
I had the same issue and was able to solve it this way:
- download the Clipper for Windows, it comes as a .zip. In the zip-Folger you find a clipper-grasshoper-file (it has a green icon): ClipperComponents.gha
- Open Grasshoper > File > SpecialFolders > Components Folder (see attached screenshot_Step2)
- Insert the ClipperComponents.gha into this LibraryFolder (see attached screenshot_Step3)
Then reopen Rhino and Grasshopper. Hope it also works for you this way.
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.
- November 10, 2019 at 12:15 #12989Julian Oliver HoffmannParticipant
Hi there! Thanks for your kind replies – I tried your Version, @Leila, and Clipper got installed. Now just hopin it will do its job when needed 😉 Tried the same with DecodingSpaces. It does appear in Grasshopper, though haven’t checked on its workability.
Have a good Sunday! Julian
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.